Production Supervisor. Motivator. Teacher.
Are you a great decision-maker who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy leading others and bringing out the best in them? Do you love learning and passing on your knowledge to the entire team? If you answered yes to all the above, you could be perfect for our Production Supervisor role.
As a Production Supervisor, you’re empowered to make a difference from the moment you walk in the door of one of our production facilities. You’ll have an opportunity to:
- Help your team work safely and efficiently to provide delicious dairy items to people around the globe.
- Set your team up for success by identifying and resolving challenges as they arise.
- Coach and provide feedback to ensure your team meets daily goals and fulfills customers’ needs.
Your training starts on day one.
Production Supervisors are on the front line, interacting with partners from different areas and helping teams work through challenging situations, like a production line going down. At Schreiber, we provide Production Supervisors with extensive training to succeed in their role and grow their career.
Here’s what you can expect:
- During your first 90 days, you’ll team up with a mentor who will be with you on the production floor as you learn how to ensure the safety of our partners and our food.
- As you gain more on-the-job experience, you’ll work closely with your leader to grow your leadership skills and your ability to deal with unexpected challenges.
- Each year, you’ll complete development that’s relevant to help you continue sharpening your skills and preparing for future leadership opportunities. While there’s no standard “cookie cutter” career path at Schreiber, here’s what a career in operations could look like for you.
‘I couldn’t have found a more perfect fit’
Colin just wrapped up his first full year at Schreiber as a Production Supervisor, and he says he couldn’t have found a more perfect fit.
“It’s been a really good year,” Colin said. “I don’t think it could get any better in terms of job responsibilities, coworkers, pay and benefits. I love my job, and I’m happy I was able to find something I enjoy right out of college.”
Operations Leaders are on the front line interacting with partners from different areas and helping teams work through challenging situations, like a production line going down.
Colin arrives at the plant about 4:45 p.m. so he can be on the floor by 5 p.m.
“I make my way around the production floor, get an update on all fillers that are running and get prepared for meetings with my team of partners,” Colin said.
His 12-hour night shift is filled with paperwork, preparing production reports, troubleshooting with partners and spending a lot of time walking the floor to make sure partners have what they need to run yogurt smoothly.
One of the exciting things about this role is the ability to relocate every couple of years to see many different plants and processes.
It sounds simple, but Colin’s best advice to anyone – especially those in a leadership role – is to “just be yourself.”
“If you feel comfortable being yourself at work, you’re going to enjoy your time here more,” Colin said. “If you feel like you have to put on a mask or be someone different, it will take a toll on you mentally and physically.”
Ready to join Schreiber as a Production Supervisor?
Complete an online application. Type “Production Supervisor” in the keywords field to search for current opportunities. Be sure to register first if it’s your first time to our career site.
If we think you’re a good fit for the position, we’ll invite you to complete a video interview. This is a great opportunity for you to let your skills and personality shine. It’s also convenient. You’re in control of when and where the interview takes place.
Once the video interview is complete, we’ll review the information and select the top finalists. If you’re among the lucky few, we’ll work with you to coordinate a visit to the plant so you can meet some of our leaders in person and get a better feel for the work environment.